2020, It's Done!


2020, you made it, we made it. Who thought that this year of 67 months would come to an end? But here we are, during a global pandemic, after meaningful movement in the Black Lives Matter movement, a devastating explosion in Beirut,  and several highly consequential elections. I could keep picking through the half-digested food of events that make up the pool of vomit that is 2020, but I think you understand. Although so much has happened this year, so little has occurred as well, being inside for more than half of it.


The reason that I had not posted on here as much this year is that I had/ have a lot of new adjustments in my personal life, regardless of the pandemic. I do not know how things would have been different without the pandemic, but regardless I did have time to reflect on myself and do other things that I enjoyed. Besides what was I going to write on, Tiger King? 


I feel selfish for admitting that I did have some fond memories in 2020, which is difficult to say knowing how much suffering has and is happening globally. I found that I have grown as a person and that I want to move forward trying to make the most of all that I have control of in my life.


Going into 2021 I believe that everyone is going to have to grapple with the fallout of 2020. The one added to the year is not going to change everything, but at least there is a path of hope. It seems like several vaccines are in the work, it seems like more stimulus checks will be sent out, there will hopefully be systematic reform to tackle systematic racism and prejudice, also there will hopefully be movies and tv shows that I can discuss.


I hope that everyone stays safe and has a Happy New Year, but in saying that I know that most people are having a ‘Happy End of Year’ celebration to mark the end of the Karen of years. Thank you for sticking with me, take care.

Comments

Trending

RICK AND MORTY REST AND RICKLAXATION REVIEW

THE QUICKSILVER THEORY- AVENGERS ENDGAME

THE FLASH "MEMORABILIA" REVIEW

SUPERGIRL "FORT ROZZ" REVIEW

SUPERGIRL 'GIRL OF STEEL' REVIEW