2022

 

Well, I have not posted anything on here in the past year, except for this, my year in review of this year.

This year had the theme of 'getting back to normal' after the lockdown phase of the pandemic. And, yes it is nice to the world healing. But for the step taken forward, I feel as though the world has taken two steps backwards.

Through lockdowns I felt like humanity would launch itself into becoming a more robust, empathetic society, but this year kind of disproved that. I could go on about how we are taking no significant steps towards the climate crisis, or the ever expanding wealth gap, or any other issue that plagued us in the before times. But instead I want to point out that in 'going back to normal' we are letting the same narratives in the news of 'humans vs. humans' play out, and it is in all honesty upsetting to see. I wish that from lockdowns that we would see more empathy being extended in all areas of this world. I believe that if this were the case we would not be seeing corporations price gouge all of us (ala the hyper inflation we have seen this year), or the invasion of Ukraine may not have happened, and so on and so forth.

Anyway, the fun stuff from this year. On the poster above I really condensed what happened this year with the Oscar slap, the Morbin sweep and Wordle. I did want to add more things such as Elden Ring, Top Gun Maveric, Pokemon Legends Arceus (or Scarlet and Violet) and other pieces of pop culture that were big this year. The main reason I did not was because I was running out of time to put this together as it is.

I would of also made some mention to those who have passed on this year, such as Bob Saget, Pele, Kevin Conroy, and others. But there did not seem to be a way to tastefully implement that when I wanted The Slap to be the main focus of this poster.

I have been going on for a while now. I hope next year is more hopeful and brighter and that more meaningful steps are taken in executive/ leadership levels to help humanity get to the a more optimistic state for the future. Happy new year to you all.

I will leave you with a quote: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comments

Trending

RICK AND MORTY REST AND RICKLAXATION REVIEW

RICK AND MORTY THE WHIRLY DIRLY CONSPIRACY REVIEW

RIVERDALE "THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN" REVIEW

ADVENTURE TIME "SEVENTEEN" REVIEW

SUPERGIRL 'GIRL OF STEEL' REVIEW