SHAZAM! TRAILER 2 BREAKDOWN

With just under a month till it comes out, there is a new Shazam trailer which has graced the internet with new footage showing off Billy Batson (Asher Angel) and him turning into Shazam (Zachary Levi). We also see more of his shenanigans with his new found powers, and the villain he will have to face in the film, so let's get into the breakdown.

After a visit from the subway to the wizard Shazam (Djimon Hounsou), Billy Batson gets his powers, by saying the name Shazam, as we see in this shot. Just a reminder, Shazam stands for:
S-Solomon's wisdom
H-Hercules' strength
A-Atlas' stamina and indestructibility
Z--Zeus' power and lightning
A-Achilles' courage
M-Mercury's speed and flight

This shot in the trailer does look awesome by the way, with the positioning of Billy and the lightning hitting him. If I had to guess, this might be right before the final act of the film, where Billy is flying into and getting ready to battle the villain, Doctor Sivana.

With his powers, Billy goes to test out all of his powers with his foster home friend Freddy Freeman (Jack Dylan Grazer). We see all the different powers that the character has, as he does some tests with his strength, and the electricity powers being used on the ATM. I do like this shot of Billy preparing to train as Shazam. I am looking forward to this testing part of the film, where we get to see all the ridiculous ways Billy uses the powers of Shazam, in the vein that we all would.

Here is a small scene where Billy is using the super speed which has a neat effect to it. Unlike the Flash or Superman, where their running motion is blurred with a drag, we see Billy's body disappear with the lightning bolt symbol on his chest only being visible from it glowing.

This is such a neat effect and looks really awesome. I guess this means we won't see any slowed down scenes where Shazam is using his super speed, but it looks like normal speed, but instead, we are seeing something new, which is great.

In this scene we see Billy fighting the main villain of the film, Doctor Sivana (Mark Strong). Sivana isn't a meta human-like Billy, however, he uses his high intellect to create advanced technology to go toe to toe with Shazam.

In the film, I am excited to see what the character's motivations are. I have a theory though. I believe that Sivana was once a person who was offered the powers of Shazam by the wizard Shazam at one point in his life. However, he abused his power and therefore had his powers taken away, leading to him creating technology to gain a sense of those powers back, and is now jealous of Billy being pure of heart and having the powers of Shazam.

This scene we see the other foster children that Billy is living with confronting him on being Shazam. In this shot from left to right, we have Pedro Peña (Jovan Armand), Darla Dudley (Faithe Herman), Eugene Choi (Ian Chen), and Mary Bromfield (Grace Fulton). These might just seem like regular kids, however, in the comics, these kids also gain Shazam-like powers and all get adult identities with powers and are members of the Shazam family.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar thing in the film, whereby the end of the film, we see all of the kids in the foster home get powers, including Freddie, who is the comics is Captain Marvel Jr, or "Captain Sparkle Fingers" ... Jr.

In a fight with Sivana, Billy manages to chase him to a toy store, where he throws this Batman figure at him. This opens up a lot of questions, with all the Justice League merch in the background all sporting the Justice League logo and also the DC Comics logo. I'm guessing that in the DCEU, DC exists and has published comics and made toys regarding these 'real' superheroes.

If there ever is a Justice League sequel, I hope we see Shazam become a member. It would be cool to see Batman investigate who Shazam is, but I guess with Batfleck gone, that's not gonna happen.

I absolutely love this scene. It's just the nervousness in Billy's voice "Basically fifteen." This scene shows that Shazam is only just a kid, a nervous kid just talking to his first supervillain.

This scene seems interesting because this appears to be the foster home where Billy is living at the moment of the film. I am guessing that this takes place in the final fight of the film where Sivana comes to Billy first before potentially taking him out before he activates whatever plan he has.

The end tag of the trailer is Billy learning to fly. This is played for humor, and I do appreciate how the power testing is all played for humor, presenting the lighter tone of the film. This scene I guess will play into the film in some capacity, where he will eventually have to learn to fly in the film, in a sense of desperation, such as getting to a final fight, as I discussed in the first shot of this breakdown.

So with this breakdown having gone full circle, that does it. This was an exciting trailer with some great Slim Shady music to match well with the lighter one of the film. I am getting hyped for Shazam! to come out next month, and how the DCEU will look with its release.
What did you think of this trailer? Let me know your thoughts and opinions on the trailer by dropping a comment down below.
You can click on the left for more Shazam, or on the right for more Captain Marvel, and also subscribe. As always thanks for reading, take care.
                                   

Comments

Trending

2021

ARROW CANARY CRY TRAILER

TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION REVIEW ... SO SPOILERS

THE FLASH DUET TEASER TRAILER BREAKDOWN

ADVENTURE TIME "COME ALONG WITH ME" REVIEW