THE KARATE KID REVIEW ... SO SPOILERS

With the Karate Kid being over 33 years old, I decide to review it, because when I was on holiday last year this film and The Winter Soldier were the only two movies that were on and I guess I watched them at least 7 times.

Anyway, Karate Kid centers around Daniel with his mother moving to California. After finding it difficult fitting in, having a crush, and getting bullied, Daniel finds Mr. Miyagi, who teaches Daniel about the martial art, Karate, through montages of chores, hard work, and dedication. Daniel uses his new found skills to enter a Karate competition which threatens the work that Daniel has made to become the Karate Kid.

What I like about the film is the lessons that Daniel learns from Mr. Miyagi, like Discipline, and the way he taught Daniel the way of karate, without him knowing that he is even learning it. It is something that a lot of educators do today.

There are so many memorable moments from the Karate Kid, I enjoyed the "You're the best around" montage, that is so memorable, and I love the song, Joe Esposito did such a great job on that song. But my favorite scene in the film was Daniel's final takedown with the one-foot kick takedown, it was such a memorable moment, and a great call back to earlier scenes in the film.

The cast of the film was great, my favorite character was Pat Morita playing Mr. Miyagi, such as classic character, and may he rest in peace. The rest of the cast was great, Ralph Macchio (Daniel Larusso), Elisabeth Shue (Ali Mills), William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence), Martin Kove (John Kreese), Randee Heller (Lucille Larusso).

Overall, the Karate Kid is one of my favorite films of all time, with the themes and messages told in a really neat way, which the director, John G. Avildsen (R.I.P) did in a well. I will give the Karate Kid a 9 out of 10. Comment below your thoughts on the film down in the comments below. Be sure to take care, thanks for reading, wax on, wax off.

Comments

Trending

THE FLASH "SUBJECT 9" REVIEW

RICK AND MORTY REST AND RICKLAXATION REVIEW

THE FLASH "CAUSE AND XS" REVIEW

AGENTS OF SHIELD BOOM REVIEW

SUPERGIRL LUTHORS REVIEW